Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Watchmen

Pia is not looking forward to the film remake of Watchmen.
The guy directing it is the same lame-o, Zack Snyder, behind 300 (never watched it, and never will) and Dawn Of The Dead. Can it get any worse?
Oh, yes! it's not enought to perhaps ruin the all time iconic graphic novel by letting a dumbass directing it, but one of the writers, David Hayter, wrote the X-Men, the sequel AND The Scorpion King! I can't belive it!


The cast is a chapter for itself. Only a guy that would cast Gerard Butler as a spartan warrior is capable of miscasting actors this... bad. For starters; how can Billy Crudup play Dr. Manhattan!?! And it get's worse if I have to watch "The Heartbrake Kid's Malin Akerman as Laurie Juspeczyk and this looser Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the one and only Comedian himself.
I'm getting used to the idea of Patrick Wilson as Dan Dreiberg, with the image of a little belly action. I hope they're not trying to make the new Nite Owl fit and in shape, he's supposed to squeese the old suite on. I guess Matthew Goode will make an ok Ozymandias, don't really know, don't really care...
The one arrangement I'm happy with is the casting of Jackie EarleHaley as Rorschach. I have no idea what this man may do, but I'm sure I'll love it.

Check out this link for more information on the watchman casting:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/810/810207p1.html


It's all I think about at nights... Should I take the chance of watching it and perhaps ruin my perception of the book for all time; or do I got the courage to see it through?

1 comment:

sunni said...

my friend just told me the other day that although i hate comics, he thinks i should read 'watchmen'. i feel tempted to just watch the movie, but by the sounds of it the movie will be epicly shit. 300 actually nearly killed me. with laughter that is.